Spring is in the Air
Spring is in the air which often puts us in deep cleaning mode. If you are a pet owner, you might find that your home needs just a bit more cleaning to remove the evidence of your furry friends. There are many things you can do to keep your home clean while enjoying the love and companionship of your fur-babies.
- Crates and carriers – Crates are ideal to keep your pet contained at bedtime or while you are out of the home. They also give your pet a comfortable spot to relax and unwind. However, you might also find it contains the greatest amount of pet odors. Clean your pet’s crate once a week using warm soap water or a mild non-toxic disinfectant. Wipe the entire area thoroughly and allow to air dry.
- Bedding and covers – Just as you should change your own sheets weekly, you should also clean your pet’s bedding and covers once a week. Choose a pet bed with a washable and removable cover that is washer and dryer safe. If your pet has sensitive skin, use a hypoallergenic / fragrance-free detergent.
- Dishes and toys – While you don’t hesitate to wash your dishes regularly, you might not consider this a necessity when it comes to your pet. In addition to dishes, your dog’s toys should also be washed on a regular basis. Place dishwasher safe dishes and toys right in the dishwasher to thoroughly disinfect and clean, or use a mild dishwashing detergent. Cloth toys should be put in the washer weekly to clean and disinfect.
- Vacuum and sweep regularly – If your pet sheds, you may want to vacuum and sweep your floors every day. Another great option is to get an automated vacuum that can do the job for you.
- Deodorize carpets – Because your pets spend most of their time close to the ground, deodorize carpeted areas regularly to remove pet odors. Sprinkle baking soda on the carpet and let it sit for a few minutes then vacuum the area thoroughly.
- Brush and bathe your pet – In addition to keeping your house clean, it is important to keep your pet clean. Brush them regularly to remove stray hairs and dirt and bathe them as recommended by your vet.
Are you a pet owner who needs assistance keeping your home fresh and clean? Contact the experts at House Cleaning Pro 4u.